This year I turned 30, and I just HAD to have a big celebration. I have always liked big parties, so of course me turning THIRTY definitely meant a party was in order.
Now, I am not into dancing so much, and not heaps of my friends are either. But I wanted to make sure my party was enjoyable for everyone, and memorable.
So, hubby and I got our thinking caps on and decided to do a ‘Relax and Reminisce” theme. So, we set up the house with soft lighting, little pockets of comfort for people to sit and chat, and music to match the theme. I also hired a caterer for gourmet finger food so that we didn’t have to worry about prepping food. Everyone was given a year between 1982 (when I was born) and 2012, and they had to dress up according to their year. They could interpret it any way they wished. This of course, was the highlight of the night. Finding out what everyone was dressed up as was so much fun. Izzy and I had 1999, so I dressed up as Britney Spears “Hit me Baby”, and Izzy dressed up as Neo from the Matrix. We then ended the night with a bit of Singstar, which I am pretty embarrassed about LOL!
My only regret is that I didn’t hire a photographer for the night. I would have loved to have more pics of the action on the night, but I just have a few of the set up and my crazy Dad and brother and Dad’s girlfriend dressed up to Priscilla.
A HUGE thank you to Holly from Icing for Joy for making my fabulous cake. I told her I wanted cherry blossoms and she created this beauty, it’s better than I could have even dreamed of! It was raspberry white choc and tasted AMAZING!
I can’t believe I am actually sharing these pics, but here we go!
And pics I stole from others on Instagram and Facebook. If you see your pic, yep I stole it, THANKS! If you took pics and they are not here, can you please send them to me so I can add them?
I would like to say a HUGE thank you to these people:
- My Mum for paying for the caterer!
- My Dad for paying for the wine and champagne!
- Cam for doing the beer and cider!
- Dad, Sean and Mirela for coming all the way from Sydney!
- Holly for doing the cake!
- Jodi and Mum for helping set up!
- Danny for being best dressed!
- Jenna for helping with the kids on the night!
- The kids for being SO well behaved during the party!
- The Party Food People in Ringwood for catering!
- Tam and Jodi for lending the singstar stuff!
- Ange for being more *tipsy* than me!
- Izzy for giving me the fabulous party!
- Everyone you dressed up – you rock!
- And a big thank you to everyone who put in for my Thermomix, I LOVE it!